Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The beginning of the end...

The goodbyes have started. I realize I havent made an entry for quite some time but Im thinking this is a good time to start again. Things have been crazy as the news of my departure has been leaked. I have kept it from the kids as long as I can but now its a free for all. Last Thursday and just now were my last trips to the nursery schools I visit twice a month. I realize that teaching 4 and 5 year olds English doesnt get you very far but I have been able to become friends with these kids and play around with them. Saying goodbye was hard because I couldnt explain my reasons. One because I dont speak Japanese well enough but two because well they are 4 and 5 year olds so my reasons really dont make sense to them. (secretly, sometimes they dont make sense to me either)

I am excited to go home and see everyone but saying goodbye is tough. These next few weeks I will basically have one foot in America and one foot here and that will be awful. Looking forward to the future but saying goodbye to people I may never see again.

1 comment:

  1. You will be fine, but we will miss you greatly :) Because we love you!!

    ReplyDelete