Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

My friends were gracious enough to plan my birthday for me which was great but also decided it would be a surprise. That didn't really work out that well because they asked one of my Japanese teachers to come along and forgot to tell him it was a surprise so he told me prematurally but thats ok because they requested I be ready at 6:30am and for those that know me...I'm not quite a morning person so it was good I knew.

So my schedule for the day...
6:30am- Picked up by Port and Cole
7:15- Finally leaving Mito City
11:00- Arrive at DISNEY SEA! So what was suppose to take an hour and a half took almost 4 hours because of traffic. It was not such a good start to my birthday!

I had been to Disney Sea once before when on Pac Rim with my host family but visiting again w/ the friends I had made here was a good day. Obviously when I do these things, the highlights of my day is the food that I get to eat so...

  • I started with Mexican food for lunch which wasn't that good.
  • We then got to ride the little tea cups in Ariels Underground Cove. (Disney does an AMAZING job at creating the environment and makes it the "happiest place on earth!"
  • I was told to have a "gouza dog" while I was there so I had that for dinner. It was different and ok but nothing exciting really.
  • Throughout the night, we hunted down every popcorn stand in the place to try the different flavors. They had milk tea (decent), black pepper (really good and normal tasting), chocolate (fine), curry (didn't try it but fittingly in the Arabian Nights section, and carmel (favorite and hardest to find!)
  • We were able to watch several random shows through the day and catch a couple rides. Because we arrived later in the day we weren't able to get out "fast passes" for all the rides. (I was really fine with it really though.)
We didn't arrive home until after 1am but it was a great birthday. I enjoyed being outside all day. Thanks God for good weather!
This is my second birthday celebrated in Japan and it was another good one!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday!! and hold out on the mexican food until you get back down here, ok?

    ReplyDelete